Time to Build Muscle
Looking for an effective workout routine to build muscle? Finding the right info can be quite difficult with all the conflicting info.
Much like weight loss, building muscle and packing on the healthy weight can be a challenge for most of us out there. In addition to genetics getting in the way, your muscles also get bored of the same routine over time.
Plateaus are inevitable, which is why it’s important to switch things up from time to time.
That being said, I don’t recommend changing things up too often. It’s important to maximize your gains at each level before moving to the next. Too much confusion will never give your muscles the opportunity to respond in a significant way.
Workout Routine to Build Muscle
This workout routine to build muscle is based on strength and toning up every muscle fiber. Even if your primary goal is to tone it up, increasing strength is also necessary to help you realize your full potential especially since more muscle means more calories burned even at rest.
This is a 4-day split, with exercises grouped by muscle groups. On each of the 4 days, you should be spending at least 40-50 minutes in the weight room. These are some of the best exercises to build muscle, but definitely add to it and make adjustments as you need!
I’d recommend 4 sets of 6-10 reps for maximum muscle building results.
Day 1 – Chest & Back
- Flat Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Incline Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- One Arm Dumbbell Row (view exercise)
- Cable Lat Pulldown (view exercise)
- Dumbbell Fly (view exercise)
- Cable Seated Row (view exercise)
Day 2 – Legs
- Barbell Squat (view exercise)
- Deadlifts with Barbell (view exercise)
- Leg Press Machine (view exercise)
- Leg Curls (view exercise)
- Leg Extensions (view exercise)
- Seated Calf Raise (view exercise)
Day 3 – Arms & Shoulders