- 4ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1cup milk
- 2tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1egg, beaten
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a food processor (or using a hand mixer), combine the spread ingredients, cover and process until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For the muffins: In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375°F for 17-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Serve with espresso spread.