10 Yummy Egg Recipes
When it comes to supporting a healthy and fit lifestyle, a high protein diet can make a big difference.
Protein not only supports lean muscle mass, but it also boosts your metabolism and helps stabilize your blood glucose level, which means you’ll have fewer cravings through the day. In combination, protein is one of the best things to eat on a healthy diet, especially if your goals include fat loss or lean muscle growth.
And eggs are one of the best sources of protein you can eat!
Depending on their size, eggs contain anywhere from 5 to 8 grams of protein each. That’s pretty decent in comparison to many other protein sources. Although they’ve gotten a bad rap over the years for their cholesterol content, experts nowadays say that eggs really aren’t so bad for the average person – and their benefits exceed any concerns.
So here are 10 yummy egg recipes to add some egg variety to your diet! These recipes are relatively easy and taste delicious!
1. Breakfast Burrito – The eggs are as simple as they can get, but with the right combination of ingredients, you’ll add a ton of flavor! Simply scramble 2 eggs, add them to a soft tortilla wrap, and top with low-fat cheese, veggies, salsa, and any other breakfast ingredients of your choice!
2. Low Fat Egg Salad – For a low fat alternative to tasty egg salad, try using Dijon mustard instead of mayonnaise. And if you must, simply use a fat free or low fat mayo alternative.
3. Egg White Omelet – With the right added ingredients, egg whites can be just as yummy. Eat them with fresh tomatoes and herbs, or turn these ingredients into an egg white omelet.
4. Quiche – Quiche is easier to make than you might think. Search for a recipe you like online, or add your own ingredients to 2 large eggs (beaten) and 1 cup of milk in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 375. It’s that easy!
5. Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Herbs – An easy twist on scrambled eggs is to simply add fresh herbs. Herbs like basil, chili powder, cilantro, chives, and dill are all yummy options!